People think that washing their car after a few days is enough to retain its looks, but it is not right as a car is a machine made up of several big and small parts. A regular wash may be able to touch the visible components of the car, but your car needs proper cleaning, restoration and polishing, which is only possible through car detailing. A simple car wash may not be able to remove the grime and dirt present on the lower and hidden part of the car. The car is detailing clean the car from top to bottom and both inside and outside. The exterior dents and scratches will be removed, and the interior space will be vacuumed, cleaned and shampooed. A dirty car not only looks ugly on the roads, but it is uncomfortable to drive too. The reasons or benefits to detail your car are
- Proper cleaning of the interior space
People tend to spend more time in cleaning the exterior of the car and have a cursory cleaning of the interior space, which is equally important. The stains and blotches are common on the carpet and upholstery of the car; even bugs and insects can also develop. The car detailing involves vacuuming and steam cleaning of the interior space to remove any insects or pest that can cause asthma and other allergies
- Save money from costly repairs and replacements
The spare parts of modern cars are quite expensive, but the car detailing can help a person identify a small issue before it can develop and cause major damage which may require costly repairs and even replacement of the part. Apart from car parts, the exterior detailing helps to protect the paint and finish of the car and a person does not need to spend money on repainting.
- Improve safety features
The car detailing cleans all the minute parts which a person may not even consider such as the headlights, wipers, and windshield. It is common that the wipers may stop functioning, which can cause problems driving the car in the rains. The brakes of the car are also thoroughly cleaned from dust and checked to ensure safety.
The vehicle detailing is carried out by professional companies who have the tools, equipment, materials and diligent teams who can perform the task of cleaning, restoration and polishing. The companies need and use several car cleaning products and auto detailing supplies. The cleaning products and supplies are divided according to the exterior and interior space of the car
- The exterior detailing supply list includes
- Wax Remover
- Special detergent that effectively removes dirt and grime
- Detail clay is used to remove contamination from animal droppings and tar
- Waxes and paint sealants which can either be applied by hand or a machine
- Applicators such as microfiber cloths and polishing pads are used
- Special polish is needed for chrome, tires, aluminum, and stainless steels parts
- High-quality glass cleaner for car windows
- Cleaning and polishing products for tires and rims
- Brushes used to remove dirt without any scratches
- The interior detailing supply list includes
- Vacuuming the car
- An upholstery cleaner for the leather, plastic and vinyl interior
- A hand brush to reach difficult places
- Cloths and brushes to remove dirt and dust
- Cleaning product to remove carpet stains and spots
- Special wax and polishes to clean and improve the looks of the dashboard.
- Detergents used to clean the floor mats which see the most dirt and dust
- Cleaning products to wash car windows from the inside
- The engine detailing supply list includes
- An air compressor to properly remove the debris which gets entrapped
- A hose is needed to pour water at high pressure
- Tapes are required to cover the electrical components
- A cover to protect the engine from water
- Towels and cloths are used for drying purposes
- Detailing spray is needed to provide shine
- Paint sealants are used for durable protection
- Polishing is done on the aluminum and steel parts
- A long-handled brush needed to clean crevices and reach difficult parts
The auto detailing supplies and products can play a vital role in uplifting the aesthetics of your car. The vehicle detailing supplies includes a wide assortment of car wax, ceramic coatings, paint sealants, polishes, pressure washers, polishing pads, steam cleaners, abrasives, microfiber cloths and towels, washing accessories and detailing kits. You have to choose the products according to the make and model of your car. The cleaning products consist of soaps, detergents, shampoos, waxes, sealants, and car polishes. The main purpose of adequate cleaning is to remove contaminants, enhance the paint surface and provide a long-lasting layer of protection.
Mr. Peter Wood writes for an online car magazine. He has covered numerous topics on how to maintain a car. He also wrote on advantages of vehicle detailing and auto detailing supplies in UK if a person wants to detail the car on his own. People can reach him on Facebook and Twitter.